website banner

website banner

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Elder Chamberlain is District Leader

Mom,

Wow what a week and weekend! We got some good lessons with a new investigator and the potential she has with her family as well as other possible future investigators is awesome.

Elder B. and I ended this transfer really well. We've been together for 4 and a half months! He's going to Mendoza Centro where it's really nice and there's actually people that will talk english there and what not! But the work is kinda hard there cause he's just in the city and it's super crowded down there.

I'm staying here and I got a Peruvian companion named Elder Charca. I've heard some alright things about him but we'll see. I'm also the new district leader with 2 other elders and 2 sisters so this should be fun for me! Every Tuesday we have district mtg and I'll be able to teach every Tuesday and help everyone with their investigators.

OH MY GOSH you sent me an ipod!? Haha that'll actually be pretty nice because if I try to download things on the nicer computers it'll have to delete everything on my ipod now and I can't with all the pics and music it has! But I actually don't know if this new one will work too haha-- we'll have to see..

Ya so I'll be here in San juan until the first couple days of June...6 months! This pension (apartment) is soooo bad I still shower with buckets and water leaks everywhere! We finally got a water purifier but the landlord lady said she can't do it yet so she'll come back later...which probably won't be for a couple months or never. We're also in looking in getting a toilet seat cuz I havent had one this whole time in San Juan haha. Your butt gets use to it so it's all good ahaha.

Oh ya and since I'll be here in San Juan I think I'll see Elder Ah You and his family cuz he said if I'm still here he's going to try and visit me because he and his family are getting a rental car and going to several places where he served!

Spencer ya man happy birthday!! I was thinking Oh my gosh it's already his birthday...13 he's an official teen! Ahaha!! Enjoy these times bud (mom let spence read this) You guys looked like you had fun with the nerf war ahaha that's soo cool! I can't even remember what I did for my 13th bday. You're soo funny in that pic bro ahaha you can get anyone to laugh. Hope youre doing well bud keep up the good work in school, church, the ladies....nahhh not yet buddy;)

This weekend was different because the church is destroying our chapel and going to build a new one and it won't be done until Novemberish. So the church is paying for a white bus that will go a certain route so that all of the members can go to a further church in San Juan centro. Their chapel is pretty big and they actually have a working electric piano!! It's soo much fun to play when I can!! Ya I've kind of forgotten some parts but not too bad I just need some time to practice and remember!

Also last night was pretty cool cause we thought it's probably our last Sunday night together so last go hang out with the other elders and wait for the transfer calls. We did that and made food and listened to music. I had never chilled with other elders like that my whole mission. It was soo much fun! We just talked and hung out with some raviolis and spicy egg/carrot sauce... wasn't that good but it was ok haha. It was super chill for me.

Sooo about what I sent you I forgot to put something in there....it was just a paper with a simple recipe for a pretty good desert recipe here but it's soo simple so I'll just tell you here.

A lot of people will put rice and milk with some sugar in a cup and eat it like that. It's actually pretty good! So if you guys want to eat that just do those 3 things! Literally just rice, milk, and sugar. A lot of people will serve that to us cuz it's cheap but it's actually really good. I didnt like it to much at first.(There's a lot of food I haven't liked at first) But now I've gotten so used to food here so I can't even remember what food was like in the States. It's actually better and more easier for me to be honest haha.

By the way I worked really hard on the things I got for you all. I also got some things for my little cousins!  Also it was hard to find more...of what you are going to get;) I looked everywhere like seriously there were no more in Centro or here it was ridiculous so just know I really did go everywhere by Bus on several pdays this last transfer!! ( I explained the story in the package. . A lot of the things I did too were while Elder B. would sleep or during other free times I had. I really hope you guys like it...:)

That's sooo cool about what you got to do Mom!! You got to be in the Celestial room all by yourself!? Vacuuming with that noise ya but still...that's soo cool! Speaking of Temples...The Argentina Cordoba Temple will be dedicated on the 17th of May and there won't be a single church mtg going on in Argentina. All members who are worthy to go into the temple obviously will be in their stake centers and be able to watch the dedication go on. I'll be able to watch it as long as Elder Charca has a recommend which I'm pretty sure he does cuz he goes home in like 3 transfers. But ya we will be able to watch this happen! Just a little over a year ago this happened for the Gilbert Temple so it's super cool for me!!

Well Ma I love ya tons!! I'M SOO EXCITED FOR THE PACKAGE!! Thanks btw for thinking about the customs people-- I didn't even think about that! I'll let you know this next pday.  Thank you sooooo much!!

Love your son and Elder,

Elder K. Chamberlain

No comments:

Post a Comment