website banner

website banner

Monday, April 20, 2015

Senior Companion

Hey dad,

Wow this week was rough at the start but it got soo much better! My comp and I are working things out a lot better I feel. We had Elder Ah You, the guy that's sending the stuff to you guys!( you're all gonna love what I got for you all!  I'm struggling to find a couple more things but it's gonna be awesome-- you're all going to love it!)

Last transfer I forgot to say ya I'm a senior companion so I could train. I have people in my same group from 3 months ago that have been training new missionaries or are district leaders. I'm thinking one of those 2 options is going to happen this next weekend on Sunday night when we find out transfers.

Thanks for the advice about fun in the mission. I won't lie---today I actually had fun with a lot of missionaries! We cooked a big asado at our pench with some Hermanas too and had music, drinks, and everything. It was super chill.

But yes, I would say the fun moments of actual service are almost always after doing it. I mean, ya you feel good while doing it but where you really feel it is when you're walking away and you know that nobody will know or more than that see how you helped that family or person. Seeing how much the Chaparro family has changed in these past 3 months lets me know that ONLY in this church is where you can all become more united in worshipping God. It's another testimony that this Church is true.

Yes, I have considered doing piano lessons or english classes. A lot of missionaries do the english classes and do well with that. We just need to get the permission and actually do it. Plus it'll depend on what my comp would think if we were going to do it too.

I love you soo much Pops! Thank you sooo much for always helping me with these quotes and letters! That's true about prayer! I just still always feel like that's my special time to talk with him. Like I would talk to you. Many times and this is personal but I'll receive an "inspirational voice" talking to me. Sometimes I wonder if its just me or if it's really Him. But I've always felt the Spirit while this has happened So I would want to say that it's Him. I had a very powerful experience with prayer and had felt something I haven't quite felt before this week too which is another reason why this week was also rough, and yet so, so peaceful for me. It'll be something I'd want to talk to you more when I come home because I feel it'd be better to do it that way and because it's really special to me.

Anyway I love and miss ya tonz Popz!! Have a great week with the overtaking Chandler Orthodontic practices!! Ahaha !!!   Talk to ya next week!

PS. We were at the stake center and I didn't bring my camera there so I don't have it here in the ciber...Sooo Next week I will remember and send a lot of pics!!

Love your son,

Elder Kohler Chamberlain

No comments:

Post a Comment