website banner

website banner

Saturday, July 12, 2014

First Full Week and Doing Great!



July 12, 2014

Hey Mom (and family) Wow that looks like you guys are having soooo much fun in Cali!!( well you were!) I have had soo much fun on this P day and I can't believe how fast time is going here. I'm learning soo much and studying A LOT! 

This last Tuesday Neil L. Anderson of the quorum of the twelve came and talked to us and it was broadcasted to all of the world's MTC's! He talked a lot about having the spirit in everyday teaching and how missionary work has never been more important than today because of the powerful influence and attacks of our common enemy Satan. I'm soo glad to be a part of this global army and help these people who are soo humble receive something worth so much!


Also this AMAZING piano player who got off his mission from North Dakota about 7 years ago played some of the hardest songs. They were even harder than "Rondo Capricioso"( at least I thought) He trains in Russia with what he thinks is the best piano player in the world. He was soo good and has such a strong testimony of missionary work. I haven't been able to play the piano much or at all because everything is regulated and you're always studying or learning from a teacher. I'll probably be able to play a lot more it sounds like when I'm out in the field. 


Anyway not a whole lot else has happened. Please tell everybody that I will be writing letters to them throughout the week and for now tell dad that his advice was perfect and I'm gaining a lot more faith in my heavenly Father:) I'm just trying to find time to do what he said but I just have to reorganize my schedule a little:) 


I love you all so much! Oh and tell Hailey that she will be getting a lot of spanish words coming her way by letter this week! I miss and love you all so much! Let's make this fun for all of us. Till next time!


P.S. I have pictures:)  

Love your son,

Elder Kohler Chamberlain


(another quick email below)

 The guy on the left is 6'4" and I'm doing splits with him today!  He's the only one in my district but these guys are my favorite elders!

Elder Bleak and I at lunch.  (We actually see each other a lot but I finally remembered my camera today!)  p.s. Elder Bleak's sister is serving a mission in Gilbert, AZ and she is in our home ward!

My companion's candy stash at night! LOL

Me doing my laundry :)

Elder Vosti and I after our morning workout.


(Another quick email from Elder Chamberlain):  I'll take a picture of the park we work out at! There's pull up bars and places by the benches where we can do push ups/ situps. I haven't started using the bands yet cause we have a weight gym too so i workout twice a day but only on weekdays besides wednesday which is break day for me. (I mean I personally choose to not wake up earlier than we have to on wednesdays. My companion is willing to get up at 5:50 and run about 2 miles then do 3-4 rounds of 3-4 sets of workout routines like back, abs etc:) I'm really grateful that he's willing to get up haha!  Dad mondays and thursdays we do biceps back and legs and tuesdays and fridays we do tricepts pecs and shoulders. We do abs too on all of the days:) 

And love ya mama;)




Sometimes we play pictionary after class! ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment