website banner

website banner

Saturday, July 26, 2014

MTC Week #3

Hey family and friends,

This week has been super awesome. Several cool things happened this week. So a man named brother Monson who is in our branch presidency is the nephew to the prophet Monson and has some suuuper cool stories. Even some kind of personal things that happened with the prophet but he asked us not to share those. He's one of those funny old guys that will talk forever but hes really into cycling so he's a fit guy.  This week I was struggling with some doctrines that I didn't understand and I asked him privately if he would talk to me. He did which was too cool! I learned so much about God's will and the holy Ghost. I also learned a lot about the Spirit of Christ and how much that can help you!

Also my bro, Elder Christensen's birthday was yesterday and his parents drove his truck with balloons and a cake and presents in the back and dropped it off in the parking lot by the basketball courts. Our classes are by there and we were walking out and they came right as he was there. This wasn't even planned haha! But of course a couple of security guards saw and they were freaking out and me and Elder Christensen just started laughing cause they were taking their job a little too seriously. Then they were cool about it but just said please don't invite friends or family on the grounds.

I have also been able to play the piano a lot. It's only on Sundays but I've been able to play some songs that I haven't been able to play in a while which was cool! Wednesday we hosted over 150 missionaries coming onto West campus alone! Like literally a tiny army haha. I was glad to help them and talk to several of them about how to get through certain things with family and friends especially. My spanish is starting to come along too! The two main things they want you to learn are how to pray and bear your testimony. Mainly to not focus on the words but how to bring the spirit in. Even if your spanish is horrible because its not the spanish that converts them, its the spirit. This has lifted MUCH stress haha por que mi espanol es no bueno, pero yo soy haciendo mejor! I think?

 Anyway I love you all soo much. More stories and pics to come. Stay and live true cause God is VERY real and his work is just as real as he is. I will bet you anything on that.

Love,
Elder Kohler Chamberlain

No comments:

Post a Comment