website banner

website banner

Saturday, July 19, 2014

MTC Week #2

(We got several letters from Elder Chamberlain this week---some emailed and some hand-written!)

(hand-written letter received July 19, 2014)
Dear Family,

I can't believe how many missionaries are up here right now!  Every Wednesday missionaries by the hundreds come and leave the MTC!  Membership growth in the church is climbing faster than ever and it's pretty cool :)  

I've been able to read all of your letters but only late at night because our district leader only gives them to us at that time.  You might get this letter after I email you because tomorrow is my P-day.  I will be writing (not emailing) more though!  I just have to find spots in my schedule because I'm still adjusting to it.   

I've never learned so much Spanish and gospel principles in so short a time.  I have also felt the Spirit so strongly up here.  My prayers in the morning and night are stronger than ever before.  It's very easy to feel the spirit here. 

I miss and love you guys so much!  These next (less than :) 2 years will fly by I'm almost positive.  The one thing I have been learning (or at least most interested in) is having more faith in Heavenly Father and accepting His will--even before he's made his will known unto you.  It's really helped me a lot being away from you guys and all of my friends, Suzy, Bishop, church members, etc.  

Anyway, this is my first written letter but many more will come, even in Argentina (if you want Mom and Dad :)  I love you guys so much!  I shall bear my testimony in Spanish and let you guys use google translator or something LOL.  (it may not be that good though):  

Yo se que las familias puedan vivir por la eternidas y si podemos seguir nuestro Padre Celestial que podemos ser muy feliz.  Yo se que el Libro de Mormon es verdadero por que tengo sentir el espiritu santo testifice a mi.  Hay son muchas personas y familias que necesitan ayudar.  Estoy muy agradecido a ayudar estor personas y familias en Mendoza Argentina.  Le amo todos mucho! Ustedes son bendiciones en mi vida y por que estoy serviendo un mision.  Muchas gracias todos . . . en el nombre de Jesu Cristo, Amen. :)


 Our apartment here in the MTC West.  





 Best District Ever!
Missionary selfies in front of the bathroom mirror!  ha ha
Pre P-Day Party with Krispy Kreme Donuts thanks to Suzy :)

(emailed letter from today)
Hey family and Friends! So this week has been pretty awesome for my zone and I. We just got a new district of 10 elders and they're all going to Columbia. However all of them just got their visas so they're leaving for the Columbia MTC early Monday morning. I can tell they'll do good.

This week was fun cause I got to play the piano in priesthood and I'm playing this Sunday for sacrament and priesthood too! Bout time-- I haven't played in forever and I miss being able to play whenever I want to! I've been pretty sick this past week with a cold but I'm starting to feel a lot better. 

Today my zone and I got to do a session through the Provo temple and it was super cool. Seeing the room packed with missionaries and more outside made me feel a little better knowing that I'm not alone in this. I'm super glad to be out here though. It's both hard/sad and super fun too so I can't really tell you what it is-- haha. 

Elder Vosti (my comp) and I outside the Provo Temple today.
MY testimony has grown more than ever being here listening to general authorities, MTC president, other great teachers and professors etc. I really like it a lot here and will miss it in 3 weeks.  I love you all soo much and hope you're all having a fun summer.

Much love to you all:)

Love,

Elder Kohler Chamberlain

No comments:

Post a Comment