website banner

website banner

Monday, November 10, 2014

Patience with a Comp and Spanish es muy bien!

(letter from last week that he forgot to hit "send")

Dad tell mom that she is amazing and that she should put that "Called To Serve" song on I- tunes or send it to the EFY program or something. Maybe she could make some money from it.  A ton of people listen and buy those LDS church arrangements as you already know.

Hey I don't have a whole lot of time so I'm going to write this for you and mom.

We've been teaching a lot of people and are seeming to make progress with several which is good. Raul came to church his second time but fell asleep in sacrament meeting. Were also going to help a less active girl who is a ex missionary and baptize her daughter who is 9 and REALLY wants to be baptized! It's really cool to see her literally beg us when she can! She's sooo excited but we still need to teach her a little bit. It's just the rules.

I forgot to send this letter last week dad haha. I'm doing better with my comp but prez wants me to try to stay with him cuz he says these are rare opportunities to grow when I have kids...except I won't love him the same as my kids and he's 22 years old...but prez literally told me you need to try as God would love him...And I actually felt a spiritual prompting tell me that I need to stay with him to help him. I don't know exactly yet how I can cuz he's super  unteachable but maybe somehow!

We had Elder D Todd Christofferson come and talk to the whole mission on Saturday morning at 9:30 and he talked to us for a while. He knows Spanish, Uruguian, Portugese and I think another fluently....he's a super smart guy and he shook every missionary's hand and asked them where they are from! He talked a lot about faith in missionary work and how in the next life there will be a VERY SMALL group of people that will receive the blessings that the Lord's missionaries here on the earth will receive. His wife was also there with him and she gave a super good talk in Spanish too!

Also we were teaching Dario and he was completely hammered in front of us and was begging for us to stay with him and not leave while he went to buy another beer. I said a prayer for him in English and that helped him alot but he still went to buy the beer after. We talked to him for a little bit and he wanted to come to our lunch appt but we told him no. Sorry I'm typing very fast and trying to hurry cuz of time like always.

Later that week we met with Dario again and he was crying cuz he says that he misses his babies. He has 2 little girls of 3 and 5 years old that don't live with him cuz of his drinking and smoking habits but live with their mom. We just talked with him for a while and about how through Christ's atonement that he can come and be healed from his addictions.

MY Spanish is also becoming super good too!! People are starting to compliment my Spanish a lot!!

Yesterday I talked a lot with this ex missionera about how she can put back what other people say about about her in the past. She doesn't come to church because people talk about her past sins and others and she doesn't like that at all.

I'm learning lots but sorry my comp literally walked out on me in the middle of writing Suzy so I had to follow him and end all of my writing. Things are going better but I know with the Lord that I can help him and that God wants me to help him somehow. I'll find out that reason soon I'm sure.

I love you and the fam soooo much and I'm sooo grateful things are going good!!

Love ya pops!!

Elder Kohler Chamberlain:)

PS: I bought a super old camera for 300 pesos last week and next week I'm going to try and upload photos! I'm also getting a haircut later today so hopefully they don't make it all like I'm a thug or what not haha!!

Love ya!!


(letter to Mom today)

MOM!!

Hey read some of the things in dads email cuz I had to finish writing people from last week!!

Mom we're teaching a lot and doing a lot of good things here!
We had D Todd come in and talk to the whole mission and a TON of members later in the day in the main stake center in Mendoza Centro.

It's super hard to find time to write letters or go to the offices even being 15 20 minutes away by walk. But I'll try. I'm hoping and its most likely that I'll stay the next transfer soo I don't have to leave right before Christmas and be in a different area for different people.

HEY I BOUGHT AN OLD CAMERA!!! I'm not exactly sure if I'll be able to upload photos yet cuz I obviously haven't tried but I will this next weekend and I'll try to put in a small email for the blog too!

I'm getting a haircut later today too and the last time I got a haircut she literally made me look like this thugged out guy.Not used to the back of my hair-- it was still good but man I was like ohhh nooooo not like that haha! So we'll see today and I'll send you guys photos next week!

I love you tons ma!!  That's soo cool that you've been on that diet and losing 3 pounds in one week is actually really good!! 12 pounds a month!! Just keep doing whatever you did!!

Well ma I miss and love ya tons hot buns haha:) You're the best!!

Love your elder,

Elder Kohler Chamberlain:)

No comments:

Post a Comment