website banner

website banner

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Um . . . Kisses for Elder Chamberlain?

Hey Everybody -

So this week was super good!! We taught a lot of people and we're preparing to baptize a 9 year old girl named Oriana! Her mom is an ex missionary that has fallen away from the church and she is coming back again cuz her daughter is super into the church. It's cool every time we come over to visit she's the one asking us if we want something to drink or some food or something. SHes such a sweet little girl haha! We're also teaching the Chavez family and tonight were going to have a family night with them so that should be cool! We're going to talk about charity and the pure love of Christ and the blessings from choosing the right and we have some fun games that were going to play after!

This week-- man, I had 2 guys give me besos(kisses)!!   Everybody in Argentina is suuuper lovey dovey--- I don't know...it's weird haha. I've only had one nice old lady give me one too. But this guy was literally like "kiss me on the cheek here. . . here!" Oh man I never felt so weird in my life! This guy was super dirty working on his car with black oil all over him and he had a TON of facial hair...ya that was something I won't forget ahaha....

Wow so yesterday after church my comp and I had a lunch appt with our Ward Mission Leader. We had pastel de papas which is basically shepherds pie and it's super good. Buutttt The other elders in our dorm were going to this huge fiesta with an asado an empinadas and A LOT of other food... I was soo mad but literally after our lunch they called us and said " hey the food still isn't done so you guys can come over! Oh man I was sooo excited! We went over there and there was a ton of people with all this meat in the backyard being smoked in this big brick oven pit. I was asked to say the prayer and everyone thought I did super good which made me feel good haha. We ate a bunch of food and then they had a cake for Orianas grandma! She's 80 and she's the nicest lady! She feeds us alot haha and literally loves us!  After everyone brought out the cerevezas/beer and we all played pool.(Obviously we didn't drink either) Ya they destroyed the missionaries haha but it was all good! I just felt bad that I lost to a bunch of drunk argentinians in pool. But it's whatevs.

I love the photos thxx!!  Sounds like you had a great week with Grandma and Grandpa!

So in church yesterday I got to play 6 songs from the childrens hymn book for the entire primary which was about 15 or less kids! It was sooo cool! We practiced during the week and we had a ton of fun!

I played these primary songs..I can't remember in English and I don't have time to translate it all haha:

el plan de dios puedo seguir

el bautismo

mando a su hijo

vivo en los cielo

el padre celestial me ama( That was my favvvv)

Las familias puedan ser eternas...that was super cool cuz then the whole congregation joined in on the second verse! The sprit was super strong!!

Anyway ya overall the week was super good and we're doing really good things--- I can't wait! Hope you guys are all doing good---- love you all!

Elder Chamberlain

No comments:

Post a Comment