website banner

website banner

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Better late than never!

Dear Dad -

That's an awesome quote dad! Thanks for that!! If only people could understand that and remember that. Man I'm sorry but I can relate to that sooo much right now. I'm glad to say that I'm still grateful for everything I have. It's all still there obviously but man...that is sooo true. But it's all for my Lord and Savior and I won't abandon Him in this battle.


Hey sorry about yesterday and not writing! We were playing a lot of soccer with a bunch of kids at the church's soccer field! It was a lot of fun! At first I was a little upset cuz I wanted to write all of you guys rather than play soccer but I thought....I'm already here and I don't want to show these kids and couple members that I'm mad so I'll just make this super fun! I'm actually pretty good at soccer now-- I'll be confident and say it. But man dad... latinos are amazing! Cuz that's literally all they do (the kids) Play soccer:..They're sooo soooo good. Woowwww! Some not so much but ya there's a couple you kinda just sit there and watch and it's pretty cool haha.

Hey for the Christmas skype I've been waiting when I should tell you and please know that whenever I'm serious and talk about circumstances I don't over exaggerate.
We we'll be fine so you can tell mom and Kelsey and them but this Christmas is apparently different from other Christmases and I don't know why.
This Christmas the police will not be available to use basically cuz they will show up after about 45 mins to an hour and that's  if they even come. There will be a lot of people breaking into shops more or so and stealing so we have to stay inside. It's just one big party day where everybody is drinking and doing drugs and going to stores and stealing so its very overwhelming for the police force here to handle so they don't really even work.  So we have to stay inside for the entire day. Ya it will be boring but I'm going to make it fun! We're going to buy some nice food and listen to some nice music so it should be cool. We'll be able to skype....just not Christmas day..:/ I'm going to find out more details on this but we WILL skype. I'll make sure of it.  If I have to one day I'll use a long distance phone and give you quick details to talk with me:)

Something crazy that happened too was that someone was killed in the apartment very close to ours...there were a bunch of police taking pictures with gloves and masks on in their apartment and there were several people crying outside. We didn't know for sure but that's what it looked like and the my latin comps told me that they believed someone was killed. soo ya. Kinda sad.

We're teaching the Chavez fam (German the guy who kissed me on the cheek ha ha!) And they love to beat me at fifa on their ps2 haha. It's a lot of fun to be with them. Their kids also love to talk with us about the church but sometimes its hard to teach them cuz they have 10 kids and all they want to do is just play with us so we do that haha. They are very very poor so we just play with the couple toys they have all in the SAME room...Man They're such a humble family though and I love them tons.

My comp is getting better and the prez talked with him for a good 20 mins the other night on the phone. He's still pretty immature but he's getting better for now. Just 3 more weeks with him and then we are good!! That will also be my 4 transfer so I'll have 6 months in the mish haha so I'm gonna buy something good for me to celebrate.

I feel good and I'm still the same person I was when I left but I'm really maturing and learning a lot about the world. The world can really treat people bad but man when they choose to make the choices that they make ya it's gonna do just that. I'm sooo grateful you taught me now how to make life not necessarily easier, but better through the gospel dad. thanks:)

Anyway Love ya tons Dad( and mom if she reads parts from this too haha)

Love your son,

Elder Kohler Chamberlain

No comments:

Post a Comment