website banner

website banner

Monday, July 6, 2015

Coming up on one year

You are all in Cancun!? What?? This is weird sorry ahaha because usually you guys like tell me or something but I just see "hey we're in Cancun" and these pics of you guys there. That's sooo crazy! The church is really strong in Cancun! Keaton's comp is from there and in my last area we had a missionary from there who told me all about the church and how strong the stakes are there! Based on what I heard there should be a temple being announced there in the next year because it's soo much stronger than here and we have a general setting of members that we need in each stake and the number of stakes. That will be cool when there's a temple there.

Oh my Spencer ahaha HE'S SUCH A STUD!! That's my homieee ahaha! Are those my glasses that Tony gave me? You should send that photo to Tony!   He'd like that! 

Yea I'm coming up on my official 1 year mark.  It's crazy! It's all going by sooo fast! I'm going to try and make wings or tacos or just something from AZ!

WOW sooo Natalie is in the England mtc!! Where is she going again?? I thought it was in the states?

Man Dayton and Nick are out...it will go by soo fast. Then Chip, Colton and the rest that's sooo crazy! 

So we had our quarterly 3 month interviews with President again and I got to ask President some pretty cool questions!

One of them I'll mention was when Nephi  (The one before the coming of Christ) was praying to the lord to know when he would come into the world because his people were going to die that next day if the sign wasn't shown.

My question was that when Nephi was talking to Jesus Christ through prayer was Jesus Christs spirit in his body? Obviously his body was ready at 9 months so hes moving, kicking and everything. Christ said fear not for I come into the world tomorrow...I wanted to know when the spirit entered into the body because people have wondered if that makes abortion ok at that point. I knew enough to tell people no because that would still stop that baby's progression because yes or yes, they were going to be born and you just killed them, but I still wanted to know when does the actual spirit enter the body.

President Goates told me a simple example that it very well could've been something like this.

He told me that when he's really busy and he can't carry out an assignment he will send one of his counselors to get it done.

It could very well be that this happened with Jesus Christ and an angel was speaking "in the name of Jesus Christ". Just how a counselor in a bishopric (if the bishop is absent) is there in the name and authority of the bishop.
But in the end he said we don't know because God hasn't provided us that information.

Anyway Miss and love you all soo much!! Take care!!

Love your son and best friend,

Elder Chamberlain:)

No comments:

Post a Comment