website banner

website banner

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Life in San Raphael

(July 20) Hey Everyone -

This week was fun. So we have this dog that lives across the street from us and during the day it always tries to chase its shadow. Its the funniest thing haha! It's literally everyday! So the other day at a kiosco they sell lasers...;) I bought one to use at night and it can go pretty far and I kid you not a couple nights we were playing with this dog (Frank) and he went everywhere! He would run into ANYTHING to try to catch this laser! He's a pretty dumb dog obviously but it was soo funny! He even ran into one of the elders on an exchange one time ahaha! I have videos of it but I cant send them because they're too big so maybe when I'm home in less than a year.

But ya this week we have been trying to work with a lot of less actives. Our plan this week is that we can make a lot of fun family nights and change the subject a little bit rather than just asking for commitments to come to church and renew their covenants. Whenever we ask for commitments we always do it with love tho;)

The end goal by doing this is that people will start to come back to church after they haven't been for a while and they will be able to work with us to bring in more new investigators! This is ultimately our plan with tres a la vez or 3 at a time. Baptize, retain, and reactivate. This is also what President Goates wants to so we're trying really hard to do this.

I miss and Love you all soo much! Have a fun week in that AZ heat! I MISS IT. It's very cooollllldddd down here-- especially for an AZ boy. 

Much love!!

Elder Kohler Chamberlain



Letter from July 6 - 
MOM

San Raphyy is good haha! I'm not that close actually. Maybe you can find it--I'm in El Cerrito (the little hill) in San Raphael! I'm not going to lie though-- the pics will not look the same but go on google earth that's better! My Pench is 1430 Barcelona and Matienzo El Cerrito, San Raphael. I live to the left of the corner house straight in front of this big building with a big red garage door. It's small out of 4 others right there but I'm there! haha

Ya Mom get in those workouts! That's soo cool that you think of me while working out! I'm glad I can be your inspiration! TBH I've thought about you and the fam sometimes while working out and how cool that day will be to be back with you all in the USA.
That makes me soo proud of you! Keep up the good work ma-- it gets easier because your body will get more use to it...and scientifically speaking the endorphins in your body will go off more and you'll get natural highs from working out...that's why sooo many people feel really good after working out...but you have to develop them first so just know it will get easier. But over the time of several months not days:)  Keep up the good work with the Trainer!!:)

Hey I can't make an email for everyone now too because this old lady needed help and was asking me to help her with her computer and was talking to me for like 45 minutes...ahhhh I couldn't just not help this sweet lady though, haha.

Anyway Ma I love you sooo much!! You're the best!!  Mom you have nooo idea how much my love has grown for you, dad and the rest of the fam. Like I miss you guys soo much and I think...I know that's a blessing from the mission. Your love grows for your family and for the Savior because you see how great life really was and you're constantly without the people who you love the most. It also just keeps growing evvverryyday haha!-- So it also hurts more everyday haha....ANYWAY    

Love your missionary,
Elder K Chamberlain


No comments:

Post a Comment