website banner

website banner

Monday, December 22, 2014

Week of Christmas in a New Area

We couldn't find Kohler in this picture but he said he was there and  told us about Elder Christofferson being there.  What a wonderful experience it was for all the missionaries.




FOTOS CON ELDER CHRISTOFFERSON, ELDER WALTER F. GONZALEZ
PRESIDENTE GOATES Y CADA RESPECTIVA ESPOSA Y POR SUPUESTO LOS MISIONEROS DE TODA LA MISION ARGENTINA MENDOZA!

LLEGADA DE PRESIDENTE GOATES Y LA HERMANA GOATES.


President Goates enjoying the music of his missionaries!!

¡¡¡¡LAS ENCHILADAS MAS MEXICANAS!!!! ANDELE PUESSS...! A COMER!!  HECHAS BY  ELDER GARCIA CON AYUDA DE ALGUNOS MISIONEROS.


(My letter to Kohler before Christmas)

My sweet amazing missionary son,

You probably didn't know this, but YOU gave me the greatest gift a parent could ever ask for last week.  You told me that you hadn't received and probably won't receive all the packages I have sent you in time for Christmas---not even the one I spent a lot of $ on to have it sent Fed Ex to make sure you got it.  It broke my heart when I read that because I wanted so badly for you to have gifts from us to open on Christmas Day.  But then you wrote, "Mom, it's ok.  It's just another sacrifice on the plate of being on a mission in a foreign country . . . para el senor (for the Lord)."

Kohler, when I read that, I just wept.  I have been thinking about that statement over and over again this week.  Just a few days ago, I listened to a song on your playlist, "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go" and the words of the third verse rang so true to my heart because I thought of you down in Argentina:

"There's surely somewhere a lowly place, in earth's harvest fields so wide
Where I may labor through life's short day, for Jesus the crucified.
But trusting my all to thy tender care, and knowing Thou lovest me.
I'll do thy will with a heart sincere, I'll be what you want me to be."

YOU ARE THAT SONG----You are doing every word of that song.  You are doing God's will with a sincere heart and you are becoming exactly what He wants you to be.  Kohler, by your faithful service to your Father in Heaven and your positive attitude when you found out you wouldn't have any gifts for Christmas---THAT in turn, became one of YOUR greatest gifts to me.  Does that make sense?  It's like it just came around full circle to me.  Maybe someday you will get those packages in the mail and until then, please know that we really tried and that we love you with all our heart!   But I can't even begin to thank you, Kohler, for your unwavering testimony and the strength you are to our family.  This truly is a Christmas gift I will remember forever.  

I can't wait to talk to you on Thursday!  Dad sent you the instructions for video chat.  I hope we can do this ok.  Hopefully you have been talking to other missionaries and have found out what works best, especially in the new area you are in.  I hope you will have an enjoyable week and feel lots of love from the members in that area.  I also hope you like your new companion.  

I love you so very much!!  Feliz Navidad Elder Chamberlain!  

Mamasita (btw, I love it when you say " love you tonz, sexy buns! "  ha ha You always make me laugh :)  


(LETTER FROM ELDER CHAMBERLAIN)
Hey sexy bunz haha;)

Mom I have sooo much to tell you when we talk this Christmas! I sent dad  a lot of stuff about the skype or oovoo that we'll do but it's gonna be hard... I have a gringo comp that's super cool but we don't know any of the members in this new area or if some of them have computers or what not and most of the cibers here don't have cameras or may not be open on christmas...

We'll be searching and I might come in tomorrow or Wednesday. Probs Wednesday cuz there's a little christmas party for all the missionaries but its split for half and half of the mission. 

Hey Mom thanks for saying that to me. It really does mean a lot. I didn't want to move before Christmas and I had a bad feeling. I guess I'll just tell you some of the things I have going on.

So our pench (apartment) it's just me and Elder Barton( from Kaysville Utah) who's super cool but our pench is pretty bad and I'm going to tell you about it later haha--


The good things are that the people here are super nice and receptive to us...the other elders here both left and had no investigators and nothing before us so we had to wash the area, but we found a grandma, mom and her son who has other children of baptizing age and they all came to church with us THE FIRST INVITATION!! Ma we are hoping to baptize a lot here! We have sooo many Abs which are abri la bocas and I forgot  how to say that in English....open the mouth/ contacting ok haha and a lot of people want us to come over...sooo I'm super excited for that. But hey I actually have to go now I'll talk to you later!! I'm doing super good here and I'M learning a lot ma!

Love you sooo much-- I'll talk to ya soon!!!

Elder Kohler Chamberlain:)

No comments:

Post a Comment